How it works

With RentalCover Protection you do not need to take the supplier's excess reduction (also called Super Collision Damage Waiver and various other names). This is because you will be covered for any damages by the RentalCover partner that issues your protection. While you can set the amount of cover that you need for your rental vehicle, check our guide to excess to determine what level of cover you will need.

If there is any damage you would just pay that amount to the supplier and then claim that amount via RentalCover. RentalCover works with multiple insurance partners. All are hand-selected for their commitment to improving outcomes for car renters. All products are vetted so that there are no "hidden" exclusions. If you pay it to the rental company, you can claim it from RentalCover!



Get a quote for your next trip

I live in:
I'm renting a :
Covers cars (& standard vehicles like SUVs, wagons, 4x4s) that don't need special licences and aren't for commercial or offroad use. Click "Change" to check availability for campervans, motorhome/RVs, offroad 4x4s & buses.